Friday, March 13, 2009

Desperado!

I looked into his eyes...they were staring at the red thing in my hand. I was fondling with it. I could easily get it over with, yet i had this strange feeling... I kept on telling myself that i should savour this moment. I should run into the opponent with all the pride and glory. Then it happened. The thing in my hand, it fell down..all of them looked at me in amusement..They must have thought"What's with this guy?? Why the hell is he sooo tense"
But they dont know that this is the moment i have been waiting for...all my life. Finally i resolved to doing what i was suppposed to do. I tried to calculate waht my opponent had in his mind. I wanted to better him in mind games. I tried holding the red thing upside down..but it didnt make any difference. I tried holding it here and there, None of it seemed to work. I had forgotten what i had practised to perfection over years. Everything blacked out. I couldnt waste any more time. I mustered up all my courage and ran into my opponent with all the speed i had. I felt overwhelmed by the wind rushing at my face, the dust rising up and my opponent getting ready to face me. FInally i reached the place beyond which  i colud not go. 
Suddenly i had this gut feeling. He knew. He knew what i had planned. SOmeone must have told him. But who??? I told no one. Even i didnt know what i was gonna do..till the last second. Yet i was sure that he knew. I could see it from his face . I made a split second decision and held the thing under my palm and slowly released it from my grasp. Because i came running ...i had to bend my back and i saw the ground.it seemed to come closer and closer and closer. It actually approached me at a 'more than usual' rate. HEy!! this isnt normal...i fell face first into the dust.
Broke my teeth.BLood came gushing out of my mouth.I could hear laughter all around. Even my  mates were in a laughing fit. And i raised my head in utter embaresment only to find that the thing was rollin towards my opponent at .000000001 km\hr. SO much fo my reputation. Poor old me. All these years of practise wasted on the first delivery of my debut International Cricket match and the end result was a disaster...sob

6 comments:

Nitin Sisupalan said...

sheri raajave!

Anonymous said...

pulu aanengilum. . kelkaan nalla resam ondu ketto! :p

nd btw. . nalla bhavana! ;)

SID said...

dude...it was supposed to b a figment of imagination!! pulu aano ennu visakalanam cheyyanada

Anonymous said...

ooh.. ninakkellam figment of imagination, njan enthengilum ezhuthiyaal valiya prashnam... bravo!!

SID said...

edey njn ennnenkilum nee eruthunnathu prob aanennu paranjittunda??? dont pooint fingers at me

Unknown said...

aliya..!! reputationa?? eppa?? :P