Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Unwelcomed Visitor

Knock...knock... I had heard the sound. It was a fine sunday morning and i had got up late... no work or homework. One of those rare days which i got to do the things tat i wantd. And tat included a good sleep, late breakfast, Tv , a game of cards with my mates and finally a dinner at the Mcdonald s joint. Except for the dinner part i missed everyhting since i signed up for this new job. i had become fat ... and ti had noticed it long before my friedns had told me. My t shirts started showing flesh and my pants were way too tight... Anyway the onyl thing tat kept me happy was FOOD>... and i mean lots of food. Oh my i terribly missed my mother s cooking.
Any way i was drinking a COke when i heard the sound. And for the first time in my life i felt very un comfortable. I muted the tv and sat silently for the feeling to pass. Surprisingly it did not. i reached for an antacid but it kept falling out of my grasp. i had my coke in hand and i drank the whole thing in one gulp. SOon the feeling passed. I was panting and sweating. i turned my attention back to tv and again i heard the knocking sound.
I felt my nerves tingle. Is this wat i think it is?? SHould i call some one. should i go and hide somewhere/? Should i jump out of my window? too many thoughts filled my mind. I felt them swim here and there in my head. I had to shout to silence all of them. And then ....silence. As if i had screamed in front of a group of children. My thoughts suddnely stopped and focused on the immediate action to be followed. I had decided.
I got up(and my...tat took a lot of effort.) I was still sweating. i ate the tablets tat the doctors had given me. And before using the phone i listend sharply. I could still hear the sound...Knock KNock ... Open OPen... I felt the bile in my throat. iran to the toilet...and before opening the door, i threw up. it was blood. I took a towel cleaned myself up..and went back to the phone..More KNocking and this time with more viguor. finally as i heard the phone ring i lay back on the bed.
More panting.. more knocking. Finally after a long struggle ...the unwelcome visitor came and took me. Dr. Wilson on the other end of the phone was shouting at the top of his voice for someone to respomd ...but I was already dead. Victim to cholestrol accumulation. RIP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well ders really quite a fair time in front of u 2 thnk abt ur family pack.......rethink......on everything including........u knw na..